Sleep 'til you're hungry, eat 'til you're sleepy ~ Unknown

The average amount of sleep required is 5 minutes more ~ Unknown


21 August 2010

Weight pull

Hi pals!

I've started trying to train for the weight pull event I am going to try and compete in at the end of September. My first training session I had to use my normal x-back cos I don't have a special weight pull harness. This is how it went...

Waiting patiently...


Thinking that pulling three log stumps on a rig is going to be a piece of cake...


Turns out its not a piece of cake...

Constipated Face...

Once I'm going its very very easy! You will notice that theres another line coming from the rig, the silly humans thought I might like a helping hand to get started. PHEW...

I went all the way round the field! I was so relieved to finally understand how to do it. The problem is I'm used to Ma scooting off when I'm pulling so I don't usually have to pull dead weight! I did get used to doing it myself eventually, so once I started doing well, we finished up...

Ma had a biscuit!
I have now borrowed a proper weight pull harness from another person in our sled dog club so that I can practice properly, and guess what colour it is! Its Black and Fluoro Orange!!!!!!!!!!! Orange is my colour. That has to be a good omen.
I will update you on how I go with my practising.
Happy Saturday!
Koda

11 comments:

Khyra And Sometimes Her Mom said...

I kind of think ORANGE is a great omen!

If only the Xterra khould drive to NZ!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra and Khousin Merdie

JackDaddy said...

Well I have never heard of this event. What other things are at the competition?

Dakota and Georgia said...

Well done. Another talent for the doctor! Dakota tried weight pull once, but she found it too spooky.

D&G

Mango said...

I have no doubt that you could have pulled a house if there were food involved. Mighty labradogs are nothing if not focused.

I love the constipated face.

Slobbers,
Mango

The Paw Relations said...

We think you did very well. But you may have done better if there was a roast chicken on the other side of the field.

tula said...

yeah.. can't they dangle sumthing in front of woo! a little incentive plz!!

go orange!
tula

♥♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥♥ said...

Constipated face - BOL -too funny. That looks like hard work, Koda, but we know you can do it. And the orange harness will surely bring you good luck.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Lorenza said...

Oh-oh!
That sure looks like a hard work!
I know you can do it!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Inigo Flufflebum and d'Artagnan Rumblepurr said...

Superpuppy!!

♥♥♥♥Team Husky♥♥♥♥ said...

Hi Koda

We thought woo did fury well fur yur first weightpull practice!!!

Mom said to tell yur Mom that she should have mentioned that she is now your official photographer for Pupparazzi shots!!!

Kisses
Summer

KB said...

"Constipated face" had me laughing!!!

Good Job, Doc Koda!

What is that white stuff on the ground around you? Did it hail while you were pulling? You get extra credit for pulling while being bombarded by hail!